ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/2020
Applications are invited from qualified students from low income families residing in the districts of Grand Port and Savanne and who wish to be considered for Scholarship for Undergraduate courses by Omnicane Foundation.
Students should satisfy the following conditions:
- Be residents of the Republic of Mauritius and come from any locality falling under the Grand Port or Savanne District Councils
- Having secured or been enrolled on a full-time programme, in any institution approved by the Mauritius Qualifications Authority or University of Mauritius or University of Technology, Mauritius
- Be member of a family whose monthly income does not exceed MUR 15,000
- Not be beneficiary of any other grant or scholarship
SCOPE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Complementary to the Free Education in Public Tertiary Educational Institutions Scheme instated by the government of Mauritius in January 2019, the Omnicane Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme will cover part of the administrative fees payable to the institution plus a stipend of MUR 5,000, the total not exceeding MUR 15,000 per annum per student.
The scholarship shall cover the entire duration of the course but limited to a maximum of 4 academic years for undergraduate courses.
The scheme shall cater only for training provided by local training institutions.
Selection of beneficiaries of the scholarships shall be carried out by members of Omnicane Foundation and their decision shall be final.
The beneficiaries must subscribe to an Agreement to follow and complete the Programme of Studies, and immediately inform Omnicane Foundation if they obtain another scholarship/grant or decide to withdraw from the Programme of Studies.
Renewal of the scholarships for the 2nd and subsequent years will depend on academic results for the previous academic year, attendance and conduct as certified by the training institution.
Applications must be made on the prescribed form downloadable from www.omnicane.com accompanied by copies of the following supporting documents:
- One recent passport-size photograph;
- Birth certificate and National Identity Card;
- National Identity Card of responsible party/ies;
- Marriage certificate of parents;
- Evidence of monthly income of parents;
- Evidence of enrolment or offer of a seat;
- Utility bill (CEB, CWA, Mauritius Telecom) not older than 3 months for proof of address.
Applications along with all supporting documents in a sealed envelope marked ‘Omnicane Foundation Scholarships’ should be sent by registered post to the
by 16 August 2019 at latest.
Applications received after the closing date and/or not supported by the relevant documents will not be considered.
Only successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Omnicane Foundation reserves the right not to allocate any scholarship or to allocate a lesser number of scholarships following this advertisement; and to take any action as deemed appropriate in case of misrepresentation and/or submission of false information.